Getting back to the Matar ke Pakode, I made these with fresh green peas. These were simple and quick to make (and to consume).
I named this Gille Matar because I soaked the green peas in some warm water for 5 minutes.Here is the recipe for 2 people.
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 tablespoon besan (chane ka aata)
- 1 tsp rock salt or senda namak
- salt if required
- 1 green chilii chopped finely (depending on the hotness)
- some chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- In a bowl, mash the peas.
- Mix all the other ingredients.
- In a frying pan, fry small portions of the mixture. I used a spoon to place the mixture in the oil.
- If the consistency is watery, add some more besan or alternatively add cornflour.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.